Highland Ayr Academy is coming to you!
The Ayr Academy at Highland Mountain Bike Park has helped thousands of adult and youth riders maximize their fun and learning at our downhill bike park in New Hampshire. We are going mobile to bring this great opportunity to locations throughout the Northeast.
Our professional instructors create an environment that promotes safety, fun, & learning. Group sizes are small to allow for great attention to each participant. Three-hour sessions focus on specific skills to take your riding to the next level.
Pumping, Cornering & Drops
Want to flow down the trail with grace and efficiency? Tired of watching your riding friends pull away from you on the descents? This is the session for you! Let us show you how to use terrain elements to gain speed and momentum. Small changes in technique and timing will produce big gains and even bigger smiles.
- Saturday 9am – 12pm
Intro & Intermediate Jumping
Our riding trails are changing, and opportunities for airtime are now plentiful or even required. Let’s spend time debunking myths, learning proper techniques, and getting solid repetitions to create new and improved habits. No plastic skate ramps here: we are showing up with a progression of MTB Hopper ramps and airbags.
- Saturday 1-4pm
- Sunday 9am – 12pm
- Sunday 1-4pm
What to expect
- A fun learning environment utilizing an established skills teaching curriculum.
- A professional instructor that creates a supportive environment of equity and respect.
- Participants will feel inspired to connect with each other, try new things, and celebrate their successes.
- A La Carte sessions allow you to get more of what you want at a lower cost. Register for one session or as many as you wish. Get what you want in one day or spread it over two days. It’s all up to you!
- Low registrations may force a consolidation or cancellation of some sessions. Register early and tell your riding friends.
What to bring
- Fully functioning mountain bike. Please go over your bike well in advance to resolve any issues.
- Bike helmet and other riding gear
- Flat pedals are strongly encouraged. Although clipping in is great for efficiency and competition, flat pedals create a better opportunity to learn proper technique and try new things safely.
- Snack, drink, sunscreen, and bug spray.
Refund requests will be honored up to 7 days before the event.
Within 7 days, refunds only if people are on the waitlist for your category.
Mother nature does not always cooperate. Clinic start time and duration may be altered due to inclement weather. In the event of a postponement, categories may be rescheduled to the earliest convenience. If unable to attend, a credit will be issued for a future event.
Dates and Locations
Sept 23 & 24 – Trapp Family Lodge, Stowe, VT
Sept 30 & Oct 1 – Wildflower Inn, Kingdom Trails, VT
Oct 14 & 15 – Camp Edge, NJ
Oct 21 & 22 – South Brunswick, NJ
Oct 28 & 29 – Phoenixville, PA