2023 Friday Night Race Series
>> Weekly Drop-In Registration <<
Drop-in registration opens at 8am on race day via the link above and closes at 3pm or when all spots are filled, whichever happens first. The number of available spots may vary week to week. First-come, first-served.
Six weeks of downhill racing, individual and team-style competition, weekly prizes, and plenty of fun to be had.
Here’s what you need to know for 2023:
- Registration will open on June 1st. There are 75 racer spots in the series, available on a first-come, first-served basis.
- Registration will close on June 23rd or when all spots are filled, whichever happens first.
- There is a $150 registration fee for the full, six-week series.
- All racers will receive one timed run on each week’s race trail. Top 10 finishers in each category will win points for their team in the overall series standings.
- New this year: we will be racing on three different trails, hitting each trail twice over the six week series. Not only will you be competing against your fellow racers, you’ll also be racing against yourself! Team points and additional prizing will be awarded to racers who improve on their original time.
- Trail selections have not been finalized, but you can expect races to be held on a range of intermediate and advanced terrain.
- DROP IN RACERS: A limited number of $20 drop in spots will be released each Friday at 8am. Drop-in registration will be available online only on a first-come, first serve basis.
2023 Dates & Trails
|DATE||TRAIL||BACKYARD BAND||LINK TO RESULTS|
|June 30||Fancy Feast Race 1||Over the Bridge||Week 1|
|July 7||Fancy Feast Race 2||Lee Ross||Week 2|
|July 14||Cats Paw Race 1||David Corson||Week 3|
Weather Date: August 11
|Cats Paw Race 2||Brother Seamus||Week 4|
|July 28||Happy Hour Race 1||Jahriffe||Week 5|
|Happy Hour Race 2||Frank Viele||Week 6|
Drink Positive Organic Smoothie Truck will be onsite during select FNRS races!
Weather Date: August 11
Trails subject to change.
RACE DAY SCHEDULE
|9:00am||Welcome Center Opens
All racers will receive a unique racer wristband and their start group assignment when they check in at the Welcome Center. Race wristbands grant lift access to non-season pass holders beginning at 3:00pm.
|3:00pm||Racers without a 2023 Season Pass can access the lift|
|5:00pm||Race Trail Closed to Public | Live Music Begins|
|5:15pm||First Group of Racers Start
Racers will receive their start group assignment when they check in at the Welcome Center. You must be at the top of the race course by your given start time for the weekly riders’ meeting.
|7:00pm||Results Available Online|
Announcements and Prizes in the Backyard
BUILDING YOUR TEAM
Teams will consist of five racers. Racers who finish in the top ten of their category will earn points for their team toward the overall series standings. The top three teams at the end of the series will take home fabulous prizes!
(Go ahead and be strategic when building your team: a team with diversity of gender and age classes will have more opportunity to finish high and score bigger points.)
Finalized team names and rosters must be submitted by June 26th.
CLASSES & POINT STRUCTURE
Age Classes: Competition will be split into men’s and women’s categories in the following age classes:
- 13 & Under
- 14 to 25
- 26 to 39
Class assignments are based on your age at the start of the series: June 30th, 2023.
Point Scoring: The top ten finishers in each category every week will earn points for their team based on the following breakdown:
|1st place||100 points|
|2nd place||80 points|
|3rd place||60 points|
|4th place||50 points|
|5th place||45 points|
|6th place||40 points|
|7th place||36 points|
|8th place||32 points|
|9th place||29 points|
|10th place||26 points|
Drop-in registration will open online at 8:00am on race day and be available on a first-come, first-served basis. The weekly drop-in fee is $20.
Drop-in participants will not earn series points, but will be eligible for weekly prizes.
RULES & REGULATIONS (AKA THE FINE PRINT)
No substitutions. If you allow another rider to race in your place, you automatically forfeit all of your series points.
Your race plate must be visible at the top of the course in order to receive your timing chip. All registered racers will be given three race plates to be used during the series. There will be a $5 charge for any additional race plates needed.
There are no refunds for missed races.