February is flying by! We started the month off with the annual Winter Woolly, and we’re still thinking about how much fun it was weeks later. This year we lucked out with near-perfect trail conditions–a storm the night before the Woolly kept our team on our toes, but volunteers from Team Granite and MTBVT helped make last-minute snow removal and other preparations a breeze. Temperatures stayed cold throughout the day, keeping the freshly groomed trails nice and firm. Check out the recap video to relive some of the highlights from the day.
If you’re looking to get a little more fat biking fun in this winter, be sure to check out MTBVT’s Winterbike, coming up quick on March 5th.
What’s new out on the mountain? As of last week, the frame for the new Central Park surface lift is almost fully constructed. Next come the more technical steps, as the final product continues to take shape.
Central Park itself will reopen in phases throughout the 2022 season, as the crew rebuilds new-and-improved downhill tracks and dedicated progression zones. As part of the expansion, you can expect to see more intermediate offerings in addition to the beginner terrain to which Central Park has traditionally been home.
Opening day is fast approaching! The mountain will open to 2022 Season Pass Holders on Wednesday, April 27th and to everyone else on the 28th.
2022 day passes are on sale now. This year we’re bringing back tiered day pass pricing: the further in advance you book your pass, the cheaper it will be.
Pre-season HTC sessions will begin the first Saturday in April. Space is limited to 20 riders per session. HTC sessions are also available to reserve online now.
3:00pm – 8:00pm
Friday, Saturday, Sunday
BIKE SHOP WINTER HOURS
10:00am – 4:00pm
Monday through Saturday
Only 64 days until opening…but who’s counting?
- Now Hiring: Be a part of the Highland team! We’re seeking bike mechanics, trail builders, lift attendants, guest services staff, and more for the 2022 season
- Kids Camp Multi-Packs: New for 2022! Enjoy discounted sessions and flexible scheduling over multiple Kids Camp dates
- Women’s Gravity Weekend: Start your season off right with a weekend devoted to women’s progression! Jun 25 & 26
- Freebird Slopestyle Series: The Freebird Series is back for 2022! Athlete registration is now open. Jun 18, Aug 20 & Sep 24
- Multi-Day Summer Camp: Space is still available in our 3-day Summer Ride program! Day camp and overnight options. Ages 8-13
- 2022 Season Pass Sale: Missed out on the Early Bird sale in the fall? 2022 Season Passes are still available at the winter discount