It’s that time of year again! The Highland Bike Shop will be selling select bikes from our 2021 rental fleet. If you’re in the market for your first bike or just looking to upgrade to something better at the end of the season, these will not disappoint.
Bikes will be listed online at highlandmountainbikeshop.com and available for purchase beginning at 10am on Tuesday, September 7th. All bikes are first-come, first-serve. We will not be accepting deposits–payment in full is required.
Bikes will be rebuilt starting in October in order of payment, and available for pickup starting at the end of the season.
- Scott Ransom 920 (Small, Medium, Large, XL)
- Santa Cruz Nomad XO1 RSV
- Santa Cruz Megatower
- Kona Operator
- Kona Operator CR
- Jamis Hardline A2
- Jamis Hardline C4
*Subject to change. All available bikes will be listed in the online bike shop for purchase beginning September 7th.
All of these bikes are meticulously maintained during the season and rebuilt at the end of the season by our experienced bike shop staff. All bikes are used, so expect some cosmetic wear. Each bike frame was covered in a specially designed protective film at the beginning of the season to prevent the majority of cosmetic damage and keep the bike looking fresh by the time it’s in your hands.
The following work will be performed on the bike before you take it home:
- New grips and saddle
- New Pivot bearings where needed
- New shift cable and housing
- Clean drivetrain (chain, cassette, crankset)
- Rear derailleur shifting tuned/adjusted
- New brake pads (front and rear)
- Brake fluid replaced and serviced (front and rear)
- Wheels will be retensioned but may have some imperfections in the rim
- Tires will be slightly used with no torn knobs
- Rear shock will be working to factory specs
- Fork will receive a basic oil service and wiper change
- Stanchions are replaced if deep scratches are prevalent
- Small scratches will be filled in and buffed out
- Dropper post is replaced with the original equipment manufacturer dropper post (new)
Frame is under the original manufacturer warranty. Due to supply chain issues some of the above listed parts may not be available at the time of pickup, but we will install them for you once they have been received.
The bike frame and components may have scratches from rental use: the buyer agrees to accept the bike as is and agrees that Highland does not owe free or warranty service or parts on the bicycle. The bike will be in perfect working order.
Please reach out directly to the Highland Bike Shop with any questions.
Phone: (603) 286-7677 x 112